Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Alphabetical Quiz...

My pal Lingo Slinger had requested that I "participate in this little soul bearing exercise"...So i did. (Unfortunately Blogger wasn't allowing me to post images tonight. Every time I tried to post one, it would replace my whole entry with the image...So I've done this about three times now)...So here we go...

Accent: My parents have accents. They’re from “the old country”…I guess I’d sound 'Canadian' to people not from around here…but not exceedingly.

Booze of choice: I like rum. I also like the occasional beer and ice wine now and then.

Chore I hate: I don’t particularly enjoy mowing the lawn…

Dog or cat: Dog I guess. But they require a significant commitment. Cats are more independent and aloof. Sometimes I think we should get a cat, given that we’re not home very much. We have also discussed getting a few ferrets…

Essential electronics: laptop, TV, iPod mini, SIRIUS satellite radio, digital camera, scanner, drawing tablet…

Favorite perfume(s): I use Polo Sport...cologne.

Gold or Silver: white gold.

Hometown: I affectionately refer to it as "where dreams go to die"…(It's a nice place to grow up and a good place to retire...but in between it lacks that certain something)...It’s somewhere in the Niagara Region. My parents still live there.

Insomnia: Yup. I have trouble going to bed at a reasonable hour. I need to exhaust myself completely so I can sleep. Also, I have so little ‘me’ time during the week, that I stay up as long as possible. (I also sleep with the wireless headphones...This "All Stern All the Time" is like crack...I think I may have a problem)...

Job Title: Hmm…I work with computers. Will 'Corporate Cog' suffice? To head office, I am Number 063479...

Kids: Nope…We go through phases where it seems like a good idea to breed…then other times we see evil children and think it’s a bad idea…

Living Arrangement: Lasagna…and her Guinea Pig, Freddie.

Most admired trait: In myself: creativity, I guess. In others: reliability, humour, intelligence, courtesy.

Number of Sexual Partners: 17, 542. (Does anyone ever answer this one honestly? That's kinda personal. Shouldn't it be more about quality than quantity anyway?)...

Overnight Hospital Stays: my birth. That’s the only time, but I don’t remember it.

Phobias: Failure and death…(When I was younger, I was fearless...now I'm scared of a lot of things)...

Quote: a quote I remember from the fifth grade is: “The smallest good deed is better than the greatest of intentions.” It was posted in our class room and it has stuck with me...

Religion: No thank you.

Siblings: Negatory. (I had a foster brother very briefly, but that didn’t take. He was a bit unstable, so we had to return him).

Time I wake up: 6:00 am to listen to Stern…Then I get up at about 7:00.

Unusual talent/skill: I asked Lasagna and she said that artistic ability is an unusual talent...but I squander it quite nicely...She laughed...It's true, but it still hurts to hear her say it. I can also retain a lot of useless information...(it's just enough to annoy others, but not enough to make me employable because of it)...

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Hot peppers. (I don't see the point, really).

Worst habit: I have a lot of vices…Let’s go with procrastination…

X-rays: only dental ones...

Yummy foods I make: various egg-related concoctions, Cobb salad, apple strudel.

Zodiac sign: Gemini. (Unless you mean the serial killer guy…in that case, it’s a circle with a cross through it…Blogger won't allow images at the moment)...

Sorry I didn't go into too much detail, but Blogger wasn't being very useful tonight...

(I saw that Ms. L. did this one too, so I got "Q" and "X" from her)...

Uhh...I guess I'd better rest up for a whole new week. The cycle repeats itself. Killing time between weekends...My pal Beatdogg was so right when we were discussing how we spend most of our waking hours...He said "Evolution mocks us!"...So true...That's a good one for "Q" too...

Anyway, have a great week, everybody!

Talk to you soon.

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

24 Comments:

Blogger Rockantzy said...

Yeah the whole fridge episode was pretty disgusting.

I'm with you on the whole Insomnia deal.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Leila said...

I like reading these thinga, it's like a get-to-know me in 1 minute. But it isn't really....it's still cool though

4:39 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

ooooh i feel like i've known you forever now :P hahahaha those things are pretty neat-o...yes..i just said neat-o :) I hope you had a great weekend Zambo and that the coming week isn't to hard on ya!!! seeeeeeee yaaa pal!!!! *hugs*

9:05 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Good stuff, Zambo.

I always get a kick out of reading people's answers to these things.

Ben O.

12:59 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

That was very enjoyable... leave it to Zambo to bring the funny :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hi Zambo,
Classy,thoughtful answers,I like your style:)
How cool is it,that you're a Gemini too? Very cool,I'd say.
Heehee,satellite radio is the best,I'm listening to Hair Nation on Sirius right now;p

5:25 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

Hi Zambo: I like this. Ok if I use it on my blog?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Dear Monkey Boi,
Thank you for sharing a *smidge* of insight into the bearings that make you tick.

You always give me a lot to ponder.
I curse your name for it at times.

I am drinking iced beer.
Lori and Linda got me drunk.
I strive to be more intelligent like you, my sabian..Ummmm...Errrr..Simian
friend.

This post makes no sense at all and will self destruct in 3 minutes.
If we are all lucky :)

I *heart* you Monkey Boy..
Huggerzzz....

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, even though you hate getting these things, you learn the most amazing things about folks by reading them.

17,542 sexual parners. Dayum you must be tired...

Love to you!

7:58 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Just wanted to say that I think you're the cleverest Monkey Man around. I loved the names you came up with for that blue puppet thingie Lingo Slinger has. I was thinking of calling it...blue puppet thing with buck teeth.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.

I said I wasn't going to do it -- but i did .... I responded to the tag as well (smile).

Have a great day!

12:34 PM  
Blogger L said...

Apple strudel RULES.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hello All!

Thanks for the comments!

I've been pretty busy this week...so I haven't had a lot of time to blog it up...

I hope to catch up on the weekend...

Hopefully everyone is well and we're all doing our part to stick it to the man.

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.

Welcome, Lori!!!

Thanks to all my returning pals.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

various egg-related concoctions yumm yumm.

If you ever feel the need for a sibling feel free to borrow my twin Lori above me. :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

lol Zambo you slipped right in there haahaa :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

Great post. I know we grew up in different towns, but I always thought mine was the only one where dreams went to die.

I never would have pegged you as a rum man. I guess the song is right, it does take different strokes to move the world.

Until next time,
Dirk

4:07 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

Great post. I know we grew up in different towns, but I always thought mine was the only one where dreams went to die.

I never would have pegged you as a rum man. I guess the song is right, it does take different strokes to move the world.

Until next time,
Dirk

4:07 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

My bad... sorry for the double posting.. bad pc or bad blogger = bad dirk...

4:15 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I love these sorts of things... both reading them and filling them out. It fulfills the Lisa-Simpson-like desire to be tested, I think...

9:30 PM  
Blogger Hulk said...

hmmm...
so he's an ice wine drinkin',
polo sport wearin',
white gold sportin',
lasagna eatin'...
just kidding. the site kicks ass as always buddy.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Just stopping in to say hello and to see what you have been up too.

I hope you were able to relax a bit this weekend.

Huggerzzzzz....

9:06 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

where are you zambo?!?!?!

6:21 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

It's been a week, we need an update on Zamboland!!!!!!!!!!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Good to know ya better, Zambo.

I liked your polite "no thank you" to Religion. :)

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home