Sunday, March 05, 2006

This Week in Simians


Greetings Ape Fans!


I've been noticing lots of simian references these days...

The Oscar pre-show I was just watching did a video montage of apes in film...Unfortunately, they don't have the video on their site, but they have the list of clips they played...

Monkey Business

KING KONG (2005)
KING KONG (1933)
THE JUNGLE BOOK (1967)
EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE (1978)
JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK (2001)
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE LACK PEARL (2003)
THE CIRCUS (1928)
PLANET OF THE APES (2001)
PLANET OF THE APES (1968)
ALADDIN (1992)
GORILLAS IN THE MIST (1988)
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981)
MONKEY BONE (2001)
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE (1997)
DR. DOOLITTLE (1998)
GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (1984)
BUDDY (1997)
MONKEY BUSINESS (1952)
ZOOLANDER (2001)
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968)
MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1998)
DR. DOOLITTLE (1998)
TARZAN AND HIS MATE (1934)
WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
BEDTIME FOR BONZO (1951)
ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE (1994)
CABARET (1972)
JUMANJI (1995)
EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE (1978)
KING KONG (2005)


Letterman had a few monkey references that I noticed last week...

Top 10 H&R Block Excuses...They messed up and were off by $32 Million on their own accounting...

Number 5. "Were testing the world's first accounting monkey"...

Also, if you go to this link, click on The 2006 Monkey Calling Champion(3/1/06)...It's pretty bizarre...but funny...


Then, I was catching up on the always entertaining and informative "What Would Tyler Durden Do?"

Anyway, there were two Jessica Simpson articles that had simian references...(He loves Jessica Simpson, by the way)...

The first one mocks Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine who is/was allegedly dating Jessica...

"...I would trust Adam Levine to rock about as much as I would trust a monkey in a cowboy suit to herd my cattle."

The second one mocks Jessica's ex-husband, Nick Lachey...

"...I would hardly consider cheating on Nick Lachey a character flaw. He looks like a caveman who found a bowflex and more people were killed by gorillas last year than bought a Nick Lachey album."

(These statistics shall change once the ape uprising is in full effect)...

Anyway, that's about it for tonight...Last night's UFC event was pretty good...USA vs. Canada...I was a bit disappointed in David Loiseau's performance, but at least he went the distance...He looked a bit like a mutant in "Total Recall" by the end...(Rich Franklin broke his hand on his face)...

Loiseau (left) being dominated by the Jim Carrey-looking Rich "Ace" Franklin.

In other stuff to report, my buddy Beatdoggie directed me to this link containing the ads for Volkswagen...So funny...Like a German Ali G, unpimpin' rides...

Anyway, I'm gonna try to sit through the Oscars to see how it goes...My folks came over for lunch today and we watched "Walk The Line" and they really enjoyed it...(Lasagna and I bought it yesterday...along with my new SIRIUS Sportster Replay Boombox)...

(It's pretty sweet!)

So...in closing I'd like to ask that you please hug a simian today. You'll both feel better.

(And you might be spared when they take over)...


Take care out there!

Good night and good luck...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

7 Comments:

Blogger nicki said...

hahha i really liked the VW ads..hope you had a great weekend Zambo..i watched some of the oscars..but then i got bored..so now here i am...surfin around online...i wanna hug a monkey..but i don't know any :(

9:58 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hi Zambo,
I love your new SIRIUS Boombox...rawkin' baby!!

There is a lot to catch up on here today. I shall return later when the kids are in school and check out all of your links.

I just wanted to stop in and say HELLO and give my favorite SIMIAN a HUGGER!!!

(((HUGGSSSSSSS)))

5:52 AM  
Blogger S* said...

Hola, Zambo. I hope you had a good weekend. I hugged Curious George this morning...well actually, he was smushed under my pillow and stuck between the wall and the bed. Will that give me points when they take over?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

Here's to hugging apes!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ok,I'm jealous,UFC (we forgot and didn't get out of the house in time to go watch) AND a Boombox??
You are one lucky duck..er..I mean monkey!

Ha! I hope I'm spared when the takeover occurs..I like to think I might be,I am a friend and great admirer of all things primate-y :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

hey!! wait!! yer monkey boy!!! *hugs* i doooo know a little monkey!!! *squeeze*!!! ehehehehhe :P

6:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hugs to my favorite monkey! I had Walk the Line in my hands to buy it, then changed my mind. Now I wish I did. My daughter and I watched the Oscars. I really liked how they did the clips with all the old movies.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home