Thursday, July 07, 2005

Phone Beatings (continued)

Hi Again.

I made it home safe and sound...did what had to be done…and now...back to the phone beatings.

Let me start by saying that in the history of television there have probably been countless awe-inspiring phone beatings and I'm sorry to say that I've probably missed most of them...but I did happen to catch a few...

TV Beatings

Family Guy

A few episodes ago, when Brian appeared on The Bachelorette, he grew to have strong feelings for the woman...and actually won the contest…He soon came to realize that it was all fake…but he really loved her, so he stalked her…He was bothering her, serenading her or something, and from off screen a heavy duty phone flies into frame and clocks him in the head…Nice! You can read the episode summary here…if you haven’t seen it…


The Simpsons

The following images were captured from an episode where Bart did something wrong and Homer began to strangle him with the phone cord…But Bart’s not one to sit idly by while being choked to death, so he began to bash Homer’s head with the receiver… As Mr. Burns would say, “Excellent…”



Homer's working on his garotte technique:

Bart prepares his rebuttal:

We have contact!

...then a pause...

The worst is over...So tired...



The Sopranos



Tony has had a particularly hard day of
bustin' balls and heavy nose-breathing...


Georgie still doesn't know how to work the new phone...



Poor Georgie...Simmering Rage Alert!!!



He seems blissfully unaware of what's about to unfold...

Oh...he's almost got it...


Almost...Just...about...got...it...

Too little, too late...Here comes the thunder!

Uh oh...This is gonna hurt...


I think he's off the ground here...

Ouchy...


Now that that's over with...(Note the "Dancers" in
the background have stopped...)

Don't worry...they started to dance again eventually...After all, the show must go on...

So that's it for phone beatings...for now.

I hope it was OK...I think I opened with the "A material" from "Twelve Monkeys"...which is a tough act to follow...but I think Tony S. brought his "A game" to that beating...I like how it was shot from the perspective of the victim, which is rare and kinda scary...

HBO has been producing a lot of great shows lately...I like that they are uninhibited by censorship and other nonsense...but I'll bet there's still a lot of bureaucracy to deal with just the same...

Anyway, that's two posts in one day...I'm no spring chicken, you know...

Take care, kids...and remember to drink your Ovaltine...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home