Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'll try to be brief...

Greetings Sweethearts.

OK…I have a lot that I want to say, but I don’t want to go on and on…and I’ll end this post with an amazing clip I just found while looking into Christian dating services…Trust me, it’s wicked!

UFC

I watched the UFC on June 5…It was pretty good, except there were some issues getting it to work, even though I confirmed it with the automated operator the day before…bitch…Anyway, the highlights for me were Evan Tanner’s face before and after …Also, David Loisseau really impressed me. He unloaded a spinning back kick to his opponent’s liver area and when the guy was in a world of hurt, he unleashed a flying knee …It was an entertaining fight…

Artie Lange

Artie’s back on Stern this week after an unscheduled two weeks off and they’re busting his balls…deservedly so…he had a bit of a breakdown…but I guess he’s all better now…like when David Silver was addicted to drugs for two or three episodes of 90210, then was OK…Anyway, Greenmonkeyspank got me “It’s the Whiskey Talkin” and I watched it over the weekend. It was some truly funny shit…He refers to Warner Brothers cartoons a few times and he tells a really great story about taking a shit in the woods…while on heroin…If you like uninhibited stand-up comedy, this is the one.

Batman Begins

We saw it tonight and it was really good. The origin of Batman is explored in depth and the movie is actually about him…not the villains. Christian Bale does a very good job and elevates the franchise out of disgrace…(Thanks, Joel Schumacher…no-talent twat…). Though it had its weak points (the fights were hard to follow and it lost a bit of steam toward the end), overall it was quite good. It was fairly grounded in reality (far-fetched, but plausible…sort of in Comic Book Movie Land). Check out this interview with Bale where he has no English accent… The Beatdogg was telling me about Bale’s lack of accent, but I didn’t want to put him in a category with Madonna and Kathleen Turner and most recently Renée Zellweger for accent acquisition…

Letterman

Letterman's been pretty funny lately…He was talking to Kristin Davis about Cynthia Nixon’s recent announcement that she is in love with a woman…(She has a husband and a child...).Letterman's question: "Now is she really a lesbian, or just visiting?"

Conan

He had a segment about celebrities being mistaken for someone else. I think it was something like Denis Quaid…People often mistake me for…Tom Hanks. Then there was another one. Then Geraldo: People often mistake me for …pause... A non-douchebag…The next night, Triumph interviewed some Michael Jackson fans near the trial…and some reporters…A memorable line was: “Let me get this straight…He came in his pyjamas?” He kept asking a lady this question after she had said it...to which she kept replying "Yes"...And he kept going back to this after she would share some irrelevant piece of information...Basic, but still funny...And to win some of the Jackson fans over, he came out with a light brown face and a long black wig...

Fat Actress

All I can say is have you seen the chick who used to play “Blossom” on this show? I mean she was never going to win any beauty contests before, but at least she kept slim…But now...ugggh

Anyway, here’s the amazing clip I mentioned…The only chick who could maybe pull this off with me would probably look something like this... No thanks… That's it for now.

Take care out there.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S. some of these links didn't seem to be working when I tested this, but it was late (3AM)

3 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

For the Bale interview, after clicking on "no English accent"...click on "Christian Bale" under "CAST"...Then click "BATMAN BEGINS"...then select the file you want on the left...

5:53 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi "claira k."

I can only hope that you are intrigued in a good way...and you're not really a criminal psychologist who has found "an intriguing subject"...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi!

Glad that you like it, "mentally strange"...(The apple is an interesting symbol which can have biblical as well as scientific significance...Despite the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow and that Chris Martin guy named their child Apple "...because apples are whole, sweet and crisp." I think the image provokes thought...)...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home