Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It was a dark and bloggy night...

Hello Blogsters!
So it’s been a while…Sorry I haven’t been around much. But I still love you…Mommy and I are just going through a tough time right now. I promise I’ll make it up to you though…

Anyway, I finally got my order of “In Me Own Words” and “A Really Super Book About Squirrels”…I ripped through them last night and they were great! Graham Roumieu is a pretty funny guy.

There's a touching entry about the time
Bigfoot met up with Koko, the signing gorilla...

There's also a mention of how Bigfoot
actually is the real creator of "Fight Club"...


I also found the tape I had purchased when the local JUMBO VIDEO went out of business...I had mentioned to Kimber that it was the Bigfoot episode of "In Search of..." but I was mistaken...Though I did see that episode and most likely taped it...and probably didn't label it...



As some of my pals may know, I was pretty obsessed with the whole Bigfoot phenomenon for a while...(I have heaps of sketches of how I imagine these beasts might look...Though I've never actually seen or smelled one...Kinda like the way people paint Jesus' image. But he never looks Semitic somehow. Weird, huh?)...

Anyway, I thought of the passage in Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted" called: Dissertation ~ A Story by the Missing Link...below are a few pages, where Chuck explains that the legend of Bigfoot may be linked to lycanthropy(werewolves)...



If you're ever looking for good books to read, I would recommend the works of Mr. Palahniuk. Another story from "Haunted" has been transcribed by someone...it's called "Guts" and it's not for everyone...(Please read the warning first...It's apparently true)...

~oOo~

In other news, I have signed up for SCUBA training!
I'm pretty excited about that, but also a little nervous...



We also saw "Superman Returns" last week...It was OK, but I'm not really gonna review it...What I came away with was that despite being horribly terrible in interviews, the guy who plays SuperKent is not too bad in the film...Kate Bosworth was like Jessica Simpson with a brain and a soul and OK too, I guess...Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor reminded me of Hitler quite a bit...I could even picture Spacey playing Hitler...(I was gonna doctor a pic, but didn't)...I wonder if the guy(s) who didn't accept Hitler into art school were able to live with the knowledge that they basically could have prevented the Holocaust…At worst he would have been some unemployable artist who might have probably ended up killing himself in relative obscurity...instead of after making a big mess of things...

Anyway, that's all for now...

It's time for bed...My brain and eyes need a break.

I'll check in with all my Blogger Buddies as soon as I can...(I'm sooooo far behind)...

Take care out there, folks!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
The UFC last weekend was pretty disappointing…There were some good moments, but overall it was a bit of a bust…Also, Joe Rogan was “on assignment” and I’m still trying to figure out what that might be…Probably "Fear Factor" related...

15 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

We had a "monster" in West Virginia when I was a kid that was similar to Big Foot. All I remember it being called was the "Roane County Monster."
...INteresting post.
...And welcome back.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I must get that book "In Me Own Words" It sounds quite hilarious!

Hope things are well with you, friend.

7:54 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

That sounds like another great book Zambo.

All this bigfoot talk reminds me of one of the Profs at my Uni. Mary Anne McTrowe, you might like it... I think a google search might find more of her stuff as well.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I really hope big foot is still out there. I had this great big foot game when I was a kid, you would have loved it.

The scuba should be awesome. If snorkeling is cool, I can not imagine scuba.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hello my friend:)
Thanks for the recomendations.
I like to think Bigfoot,er Bigfeet? Sasquatch walk and live in our forests still. I hope they never find them though.
Congrats on your upcoming lessons!
I can't wait to hear all about them.
I hope your tough times smooth out:)

3:50 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Glad to see you back. I've been needing a monkey fix. And how cute that Bigfoot meets Koko. I've been fascinated by Koko and Michael (RIP) since I saw a documentary on them.

5:47 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

Hey Zambo...

Good to hear from you, and even though the video isn't an episode of "In Search Of...." I'm going to see if I can find copy to watch. Now that I've moved, I'm literally across the street from Sasquatch country, so I'm bound to make myself jumpy, which is always a good thing.

I'd read "Guts" before, and had successfully purged it from memory, until now. Thanks. :P I like Palahniuk's work.... still, I refuse to believe the truth of it, but only to make myself feel better.

I found your reference to werewolves to be timely and amusing. You see, you asked about the acronym on my site: it stands for "Werewolves and Vampires Against New Kids On The Block". A throwback to grade 9.... yes, Virginia, there really are werewolves and vampires, and they hate late 80's pop boy bands.

Peace out, Zambo!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Glad to see you are still alive and well my simian friend :)

I have always been fascinated with big foot too. I sit on the fence a lot though, going back and forth in believing in him and then not believing. I have seen quite a few documentaries that are totally 100% believable...but I always wonder why no one has actually captured one? I mean come on. We send men and women to the moon, have technology that only the creators of the Jetson's could have fathomed...yet, we have not captured a Yedi, Bigfoot, or sasquatch?

Way to go on the scuba lessons! I had taken a few of them eons ago. Don't be afraid...you will love it!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Ike said...

Zambo, old buddy......

Thanks for making me aware of another Canadian thing I should probably be thankful for... at least from an artistic standpoint. I think I'll get me the book so I can share your gilty pleasure.

YOUR pal,
Nigel

P.S. I am thinking about you and your Mum. Hope all is well.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Gang...

I realize that one of the Bigfoot entries didn't work...Or should I say it no clicky?...

Anyway, it says:

Me Have opinion

What happen world me ask? Me once believe in good. Now, no. World go shit, just like bigfoot screenwriting career. Me write story once about bigfoot who hate life work for corporation. He form club with other bigfoot and fight in basement. Soon many clubs. It star me, Lou Ferigno and Pat Morita. It called Tussel club. Hollywood say I crazy. Now Pat Morita no return calls. He snob. He no get Christmas card. Maybe I smash with log.
Anyhow, movie never got make.
Lots of people make money from bigfoot.
You think me see one thin dime? No. Monster truck people no even ask me to use name. Teach them lesson. Maybe I smash with log, maybe rock. I see what tickle fancy when time come. Make hurt good.


So that's about it for now...Thankfully tomorrow is Friday...

Take care out there, my pretties! (*Cue the flying monkeys!*)

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
By the way, the first line of my blog entry didn't really mean anything in particular...it was just my version of a desperate deadbeat dad (bad blogger) trying to explain himself to his child (readers of my blog...not that I think of you as my children)...Anyway, you can't hit 'em all out of the park...

Later.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Rockantzy said...

Mr.Z,

Yeah, I was wondering aboot that first line for a bit..Well first off congrats on scuba diving, my significant other has been trying to get me to go for a while. I am still wary though, I keep thinking my oxygen tube will get sliced over my dislike of musicals (which I despise and she is rather fond of). Maybe one day i'll get to it, i've heard the experience in some parts of the world is really cool.

I remember hearing that during a reading of Chuck Palahniuk's book, Haunted, some people were literally physically ill. And from what Kimber says I am guessing this was not just hype, haha. Oh well, at least you have forewarned the readers. Later,

Rockantzy

7:50 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

It was a dark and bloggy night ...... I like it!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Bigfoot - the thing that always gets me is the way they show a crappy, grainy film of a supposed sasquatch, and then you have a bunch of "experts" come on and categorically state how it would be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to recreate that particular piece of footage using an actor in a suit. Don't these people watch movies? Sigh. I remember getting really, really excited about that "Alien Autopsy" film from about 10 years or more ago. Every single expert they had on there was testifying about how difficult it would be to fake it ... and then, whaddya know, it's a big fake. If I ever met Stan Winston, I would punch him in the face for going on television and saying that the footage almost certainly could not be special effects.

Anyhow, I do want to believe in the Bigfoot. I heard once that there are tons (there's a verifiable statistic for you) of small planes that have gone down in the forests in the pacific northwest, and despite repeated aerial and ground searches, they have never even been able to find the wreckage. If that's the case, then a group of Sasquatches (assuming that they are at least slightly intelligent, and/or have a decent sense of hearing and smell) could definitely be able to evade detection, right? I think it's plausible... and I too, hope they never find them.

Looking forward to hitting the pool in August, my friend.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think Big Foot is fascinating. I love Koko though. I did a report on her in college, for an Anthropology class.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

Weird!
My girlfriends and I were discussing GUTS just yesterday.

Must be something in the air!

Glad to see you out and about!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home