Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sierra Leone: Chimp Attack Update


Hey Gang.

I hope all is well.

Just wanted to do a quick post about the recent chimp attack in Sierra Leone...

Apparently the fellow pictured bellow is an abnormally large chimp with aggression issues...His name is Bruno and he's reportedly about 6 feet tall and rage shaped like a chimp...





This is Gary Brown...He survived the attack and allegedly stopped Bruno from doing any further damage...Check out this interview, if you're interested...

In other news, Beatdogg and I were at a book store last week and were both captivated by this little gem...We each bought a copy...

"Me Write Book", by Graham Roumieu.

It's pure magic on a lot of levels...Maybe it's not for everyone, but Beatdogg and I found it to be a work of art! The drawings are great and the book is written from Bigfoot's perspective (if that's not clear from the title)...I can't say enough good stuff about it...It's raw and gruesome in places...but touching and laugh-out-loud funny at times...

So that's my book recommendation for this week...

Take care out there, people!

And for goodness sake avoid eye contact...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.

Time magazine has a list of the 100 People Who Shape the World...Note Howard Stern in there...

14 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhhh that book looks great!
I love stuff like that too.
You may also like: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by A. Wolf.
Excellent,one of my fave kids books.
Had me laughing til I cryed:)

The chimps in the Sierra Leone sanctuary were featured on a show I saw once. Of course I fell in love them!
I remember Bruno... I wonder what will happen to him and the sanctuary now??

2:39 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

You always make me laugh Zambo!

4:26 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I want to read that book! I'm going to find a copy this week!

6:19 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Me WANT book!

And, that little list of Time's is pretty funny :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

It's about time Bigfoot wrote a memoir! Gotta love the title.

I live on Vancouver Island and there have been a few sightings over the years.

I had a friend whose dad is a local Bigfoot researcher---his lectures are quite amazing. :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

What a great pic of Gary Brown. He's got that chimp look himself!

ou ou ou.

11:25 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

ME want book too.

8:31 AM  
Blogger S* said...

Me miss Howard Stern. :(

10:58 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hi Zambo,
I bookmarked the interview so I could read it later when I have more time. I sure wouldn't want to run into Bruno in a dark forrest at night!

Thank you for the book recommendation. Beleive it or not, the topic of Big Foot has been come up quite often at my house. My youngest was studying it in school and is quite fascinated by him. I don't think it's a childrens book though, is it?

Howard Stern shaped the world?
I am adding Time magazine to my reading list too :)

Have a great weekend...
Huggerzzz....

5:02 AM  
Blogger Rockantzy said...

Ha..with a name like Bruno home boy has to have a temper. Even little girls named Bruno are dangerous! Yeah i'm on board with the folks here about the book, gonna have to check it out!

Later!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

I spotted a copy of that book last night, so I gave it a quick flip through... it looks hilarious. Very well written, and just plain funny. I will definately be putting this on my "must read" list. Good find.

And what was up with Lost last night?? cool.

Until next time,
Dirk

6:16 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

hey..in the second picture..can you see the apes penis??

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruno would have killed me if I were in Gary's place...what a brute!
I was checking out that book at Beatdogg's, it had me laughing...on the floor!!
Good choice man!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I will have to check out that book. That is hillarious!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home