Friday, April 28, 2006

Update...It's Been Too Long...

Hey Blog-a-maniacs!


Once again, I haven't been able to maintain a regular Blogging schedule...

I hope everybody's doing well out there......I've got a lot of catching up to do...again...

Things have been a bit tricky these days...I mean well, but I can't get to all the stuff I wanna do.

So what's been going on?

Hmmmm....

Well...how about another chimp attack?!? If you'd like more information, click this for another article...Yet another step toward the imminent ape uprising...(Thanks for the heads-up Gobbles and Beatdogg)...

In more simian news, I was given a tin of "Evil Monkey" chewing gum by a pal...

The tin I was given is shaped neater than the one pictured above, but
I'm too lazy to take a pic of it...I grabbed this one from the internet-a-ma-bob...


~~oOo~~

Jim Carrey's DNA and The UFC

Here's another thing that I've been keeping my eye on...There are two guys dominating the Ultimate Fighting Championship who kinda look a bit like funnyman Jim Carrey...I suspect some sort of genetic manipulation at play, but I have no proof yet...I've got a guy on the inside though (pictured below with Carrey)...


Below is the reigning UFC Middleweight Champion Rick Franklin...Can you see the resemblance? He's like a mesomorphic version of Mr. Carrey...Bigger, stronger, faster...

The heavyweight champ is Tim Silvia. He regained the title at the last UFC event a few weeks ago in a rather impressive fashion. He's more of an endomorphic version of Jim...with a touch of gigantism, at 6'8"...

Imagine, if you will, Jim Carrey taking a sip from one of Dr. Jekyll's infamous test tubes...Like Bugs...and Tweety...and Sylvester did in those great classic Warner Brothers cartoons...(pictured below)...



Anyway...check out more UFC action every Thursday night on SpikeTV...and the next Pay-Per-View event (UFC 60: HUGHES VS. GRACIE) is live on Saturday, May 24, 2006...

~~oOo~~

Thanks to my pal, Beatdogg for the link to this monkey punch video...

Beatdogg's also a huge Tool fan...He shared their latest album with me and mentioned a song called "Right In Two" that contains heavy monkey content...

"...Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly old monkeys,
Wonders when you're bound to divide it...

...Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They make a club
And beat their brother..down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant IS THE CREATURE WHO WOULD SQUANDER THE ABILITY TO LIFT AN EYE TO HEAVEN CONSCIOUS OF THIS FLEETING TIME HERE
Cutting it all right in two..."

The song's pretty solid...Beats is gonna do a post about it...eventually...so stay tuned 'cause it'll be sweet, I'm sure...

~~oOo~~

And finally, my man Chico dropped by last Friday and the following pix are from a little impromptu photoshoot we did (Sorry ladies. Chico requested that I not post the nudes)...Note the "easy" button from Business Depot...It's my latest toy...(When you press it, it says: "That was easy!"...The more you do it, the funnier it is...Trust me. People seem to love this)...

Isn't he precious? All West Si-eede, 'n shit...

...and framed by an assortment of '70s deli meats...A variation on "The Timeless Art of Seduction" ...

So that's all I got for right now.

I'll try to keep regular...and post more...

Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for those stars.

Take care out there!

'Til next time...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

21 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

This is great ... because of the time difference, I can cruise in here at whatever Godawful time it is there ... you've just posted this, so I'm guessing it's like, 4am or something ... and I can be the first one to post. Sweeeeeet.

It was too long, my friend. Far too long. I kept checking your Blog for a new post the way a crack addict keeps checking and re-checking the couch cushions for change. It was sick.

Those "Dr. Jekyll" episodes really were my favourites ... just seeing the picture of "Jekyll Sylvester" totally cracked me up and made me realize what geniuses those guys over at Warner Bros. were. Just compare the two pictures, before and after ... cartoon perfection.

Don't tell Beatdogg, (okay, go ahead and tell him) but there's a none-too-flattering item about Tool on the pointlesswasteoftime.com page, under "The Top 10 Most Overrated Bands of All Time" article. I won't spoil things, but here's a hint (whisper): he doesn't like Tool!

Please pass on my best regards to Chico, and to his charmingly over-coiffed male friend. (G-dogg ... why do you never write??)

Anyway, this week has been hell. Imagine if you got your "dream job" and then realized that you were working twice as hard as you were before for less money. That's fun, right?

Take care! If you're lucky (translate that as: If I can stop being such a lazy piece of crap) I will send some monkey goods your way. This place is famous for being full of the dirty little bastards.

6:42 AM  
Blogger BeatDogg said...

A classic post; this one has it all: Chico at his most seductive, monkeys galore, UFC pics, AND Tool lyrics. What more could one ask?

Gobs, I saw the post on PWOT about the most overrated bands, and was a little surprised to see Tool in there. A Perfect Circle, I understand... they had one good cd and followed it with two shit festivals. But how can one say Tool is overrated...? They avoid the spotlight like homeless people avoid bathwater. They've got one of the best drummers alive, easily one of the best rock vocalists in the game, and they put more thought into one song than most bands put into a whole CD. I think he must have listened mostly to Undertow and Aenima, because the angry days of Tool are (unfortunately) behind them. In fact, I was pretty surprised by how mellow their latest cd is... I guess if you only listened to them as background music and never really got "into" their songs, you could say they're pretty negative and angry, but there's a sense of humour to a lot of their stuff that seems to escape the clamouring hordes who worship bands like A Simple Plan and Good Charlotte. I know music tastes are subjective and everyone has their own preferences, etc... but how the fuck does one say Tool is overrated without mentioning that grinning cocksucker Bono in the same breath?

11:11 AM  
Blogger S* said...

Oh, yes, finally! ahhhhh! Thank you, Monkey Man. It's been way too long since I've had my King of Miscellania fix. I was tired of cursing that goddamn chocolate chimp. He started looking at me funny after a while.

Have a great weekend!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have fallen behind with my blog reading also. :( I love the pictures. How do you score one of those easy buttons? lol

12:03 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Nobody's smashed that damned button over your head yet?

I'm with Sherry..where's the nudies?

1:17 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

"and the next Pay-Per-View event (UFC 60: HUGHES VS. GRACIE) is live on Saturday, May 24, 2006..."

Is this one of the Gracie brother os jiu-jitsu fame?!

2:23 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

ooooh Zaaaaaambo you're baaaaaaack!! great post...worth the wait....I GUESS....*sigh*..haha..its crazy how much those dudes look like Jim Carrey...weeeird...oh..and i'm also with sherry and shoebox...i want nudies! i want nudies!! hahaahha

2:31 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Ladies! Ladies! Settle down! Chico didn't want to cause any problems...Once you've seen Chico nude, there's no turning back...Some things you just can't unsee...I was able to treat him as a subject, and since I'm exceedingly straight and secure in my own masculinity, everything was OK...otherwise I woulda probably been in big trouble too...

Anyway, it's good to be back.

Gobbles:
Warner Brothers cartoons were, and still are, my favourites...(Now they censor them on TV though)...
Please send me a damn dirty ape!

Sherry, Shoebox and Nicki:
Trust me...It's for the best. That much raw animal machismo would have given you a case of the screamin' thigh sweats you couldn't walk away from!

Beatdogg:
Once at an awards show, Chris Rock came on after a performance and said, "Good Charlotte? More like mediocre Green Day!"...I liked that...Anyway, I understand that Tool's not for everyone...but overrated? Come on! Yeah and Bono can continue to do all the public good he does, but he'll always remain a douchebag to me...

Lovely S*:
"King of Miscellania"...I like the sound of that...

Lynda:
It's so tough to stay on top of things, huh? A friend gave me that button...but she got it at Staples Business Depot...and it truly cracks me up every time I press it...

Shoebox:
Nobody's harmed me or the button...yet...

Junebee:
The legendary Royce (pronounced "Hoyce") Gracie is dusting off his gi to take on the powerful, but arrogant, Matt Hughes for his Welterweight title...Matt Hughes has what Joe Rogan refers to as "Retard Strength"...and Gracie totally revolutionized mixed martial arts...This should be an interesting match-up, to say the least.

Little Nicki:
Rich Franklin's nickname is "Ace"...I've always wondered it that's 'cause of Ace Ventura...but I never really looked into it...*1 minute later*...I just checked wikipedia...and it says: "His nickname Ace comes from his resemblance to Jim Carrey who has played the character Ace Ventura." So there you go...

Oh...and I have added a link to my pal's Shiba Inu Rescue on the links sidebar...They seem like robust little beasts.

I guess that's it.

Have a great weekend!

Talk to you soon.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Cheers!

Have a GREAT weekend!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Welcome back Zambo!
Don't feel bad about being gone, we understand. Lately I have only time to post briefly and catching up with all of you has been difficult.

There is an uncanny resemblance with those dudes and Jim Carey. Good to see you have a mole working for ya on the inside. Keep us posted ok?

It's nice to see your pictures of MR.Easy===but I want to see some of youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Have a great weekend, monkey boy.

Huggerzzzz....

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rockantzy said...

Yo Zambo! Hey checked out the links it seems that the Gringos are not only pissing off the monkeys but getting "mauled" by them as well, awesome stuff!

Keep rocking the posts, later!

1:29 PM  
Blogger L said...

Loved that last picture of Chico of course it would have been better if was nude LOL.
Interesting chewing gum.

2:00 PM  
Blogger StringMan said...

Loved the monkey punch! You should be proud of your name sakes:) That little dude landed a good one, and with a degree of difficulty -- getting through the cage in a flash. Bravo!

And I will have to say, when I heard the story of the chimp attack, I thought "Zambo HAS to get back on his blog and write about this." I was so happy to see you back on line.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((muuuuah))))

Missed you Zambo!

(Although I almost couldn't finish this post due to laughing so hard I acidentally spilled some of my drink on my keyboard -- sigh)

As always a post well done. Can't live without my weekly dose of Zambo...

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great monkey punch vid! I liked that, way to get back li'l monkey!
Chico might need to get some nudies done for your site, he seems like a popular guy! But make him wear a gorilla mask or something!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"anonymous" is me!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Dirk Richter said...

Hey Zambo,

I have been out of province for the last couple of weeks, so I'm just back into things. Always nice to come back from a trip and be updated on all things simian. I had heard of the "chimps gone wild" thing on the news, and immediately new I could turn to you for the facts.

Until next time,
Dirk

11:37 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haaa,those are great photos!!
Nice to see you Zambo,yay!!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

O. My. GAWD. I love the "Evil Monkey" gum! Who cares what it tastes like, as long as it's in such a great tin!!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

LOL! I love the creepy giant Tweety bird, he was a favorite as a kid.

So how can we convince Chico to let loose those nude pics?

Thanks for saying hi! I’ve been meaning to pop in on you forever too.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Leila said...

i'm more of a randy orton fan meself...but each to his own ;O)

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home