Thursday, February 15, 2007

G'DAY, MATES!

How ya goin'? Is what I would say if I lived around here...I still get a bit caught off guard with that one...And if you apolgize to anyone, they tend to say "You're alright, mate"...

Anyway, we flew to Cairns today. Yesterday we swam with sharks at a place called Ocean World in a city called Manly. Yup, Manly. A local sports guy was in the tank just before us and there was a lot of media attention. (I told the girl behind the counter that we're celebrities in Canada, and that I hoped the press would give us some privacy 'cause we're on vacation).



Shark from in tank.

I'm not gonna lie to you, it was pretty fuckin' cool! Lasagna doesn't like fish touching her under water, so she wore a hood and gloves. She was doing fine...until the end of our dive, when some type of ray began to smother her and she got a bit freaked out...We were told that they like the bubbles from divers, and will swim over them...Anyway, she no likey...


Ray from outside of tank.

But other than that, it was awesome. The turtles are actually more dangerous than the sharks. We were told to move out of their way if they seemed to be swimming towards us. At one point I got bonked on the head from behind...It was one of them ornery turtles.


Turtle from outside tank.

The day before yesterday we spent the whole day at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney. It was awesome too! Lots of my simian pals were there. Though they're 'in captivity', they have pretty nice lives, I think. They seemed happy and well-cared for. (I slipped them some escape plans though...just in case)...

Here are a few pix...I'll post more later, but we gotta get up bright and early for more adventure-type stuff...I feel a bit like Johnny Quest's dad, except I've got Lasagna...not that red-headed bearded dude, Race Bannon...

I guess most of you would want to see the following pix...Here's a pic of this little rascal taking it easy too...

...and these little guys can't be ignored around here, I guess...

I'll leave you with this image...

Remember, timing is everything!

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

8 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

How fun. I so want to go to Australia. I am jealous but glad you are having fun.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hi Zambo,
I love the pictures,thanks for keeping us updated!
What a wonderful experience for the two of you:)
Did you get mobbed by the media??
I hope they left you alone for once!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi, Zambo, thanks for the visit to my site. I got a new computer and all my old links were lost, but now you're found again.

Say, is there a joke in there somewhere about finding my missing link...? Ha!

Have fun in Oz!

Cheers,
Josie

10:01 AM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

Zambo. Were you in Australia for a family reunion???

Good on ya,
STOMP>

10:57 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

great great pics zambo!!! this is all so exciting!!!! way more exciting than what i've been up to!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Hi Zambo!

I love hearing about other people's travel while they're on the road (on the plane, in the tank, etc.)

Those sea turtles have rather intimidating heads actually. I was feeding some seaweed to some hawksbill turtles while at a reserve in Zanzibar and was actually wondering at the time what it would feel like if they decided to snap on to your arm instead of the turtle food. Still, they are amazing to be near.

12:51 AM  
Blogger junebee said...

The kangaroo looks hung over, you didn't slip him some Moosehead (did you)?!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home