Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Obey The D!

Hello Folks!

The almighty Tenacious D are making their rounds to promote their new film Tenacious D in 'The Pick of Destiny' (look for Dave Grohl as the devil and Meatloaf as JB's dad). They were on Stern yesterday morning and on Letterman last night...(I'm glad that the trailer is not really representative of the film's greatness by most accounts...I was a little concerned after seeing it that maybe the film would be not so good...Andy Dick made the same observations about the look of the trailer...But after seeing the premiere, he gave the ringing endorsement of "It rocked, dude!" Like him or not, the man knows funny).

Anyway, the Stern interview was really awesome. They played a clip of The D doing a Beatles cover in their own way, which was also rather awesome. They addressed Jack Black's growing up in a nudist environment with his permissive rocket scientist (well satellite engineers) parents...Another great interview. Howard Stern is still the man.

Please note Kyle's awesome shirt!

And his socks and flip flops look is one that not many men can pull off...


This year has been good for comedies I enjoy so far with "Jackass 2", "Borat" and now the D movie...

That's it for now.

Obey the D!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

That man has excellent style!

Thanks for the heads up,I'm looking forward to this one.

1:51 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

He should get the Japanese martial arts socks. They have a separated socklet for the big toe. I think they're called "tabi" or something like that.

6:36 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I want to marry Jack Black!! I think he is sexy!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm with Poody. I LOVE Jack Black. He's adorable...!!!

I thought I was the only one who thought that, but I guess not.

Josie

12:37 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

caaaaaan't waaaaaaaait!! hahahaha

11:22 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

I don't fully understand the joy that seeing Meatloaf on screen gives me, but there it is. Maybe because I'm a vegetarian? I miss Meatloaf? I just don't know.

How does Kyle keep his socks from bunching up and pinching between the toes, what with the flipflop seperator? Truely, it is a look only attempted by the very brave.

1:55 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Jack Black is great.

I can sort of understand sandals and socks, but how do you get the flip flop thingie wedged between your toes with socks on? Nearly impossible and seemingly more uncomfortable than a wedgie.

I miss Stern. I think my life started to go terribly wrong when I ceased starting my mornings by listening to him.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Hey Zambo, great to see you!

I don't know who these "D" person is, but if he's hanging out with Jack Black and wearing such cool clothes he's gotta be okay!

Cheers!

11:39 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

:-) - Have a good weekend! Take Care out there!

10:55 AM  
Blogger BeatDogg said...

Dip my toes ja-jacuzzi, bebbey.

SATAN RULES. LONG LIVE THE D.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Zambo!
I thought that was you on his shirt? I love your new hair!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home