Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Monkey-Type Creature(s) On the Loose!

Hey Gang.

Check it out...(Click title for source)


Bigfoot hunter searches Arizona reservation

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHOENIX -- Reports of Bigfoot on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation in eastern Arizona have drawn a controversial hunter of the legendary creature.

C. Thomas Biscardi of Menlo Park, Calif., visited the reservation over the weekend for the second time this year to interview witnesses and organize a search.

In recent months, police officers have reported being chased by the creature, campers have said they spotted it and locals have said they caught it peeking in their windows.

"We're here for the white Bigfoot, the monkey-type creature with a tail, the one that was throwing rocks at people here," Biscardi said during a broadcast Saturday on the tribe's radio station. "I've got to tell you, people, it's here."

By day's end, at least half a dozen tribal members had told of seeing a strange beast, hearing blood-curdling screams in the night or other experiences. Several offered to join Biscardi's Searching for Bigfoot Inc. team on mini-expeditions.

While most backed out, 18-year-old Laramie Smith came forward to lead the team to a cave he found that he said could be the beast's lair.


The searchers had infrared and thermal-imaging devices, a Taser, a tranquilizer gun and a net-shooting cannon but found no cave or Bigfoot home. One team member picked up a stick and began beating on a log while another whooped to lure the beast.

"If they did not respond to the whooping and tree knocking, and there's no signs, then there's nothing here," Biscardi said.

Biscardi believes there are at least 3,500 Bigfoots nationwide, a number he derived by counting up one year of reported encounters, then subtracting suspected hoaxes and mistakes.

He has been trying to capture a specimen for 33 years, and his team has visited nearly every state in that quest.

Academic researchers are generally skeptical on the subject of Bigfoot. An Associated Press article last week quoted faculty at Idaho State University as they they are embarrassed by Jeffrey Meldrum, a colleague who believes in Bigfoot.

Stan Lindstedt, a regents professor of biology at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, said it is unfathomable that a huge subhuman creature would remain concealed over wide sections of the country.

"I put that in the category of mythology that can certainly make our culture interesting, but has nothing to do with science," he said.

~oOo~

Below are a few of my favourite ads these days...

I'll be checking in on my Blogger Buddies as soon as I can...

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

14 Comments:

Blogger LunaChick said...

I think they missed one.
The one who lives in Canada and goes by the name Zambo...hahaaa!!!

But..shhhhhh....I ain't telling anyone :|

1:10 PM  
Blogger NYD said...

If Dr. Peter Venkman could make it work with ghosts in NY than I'm certain that Thomas Biscardi will be able to do the same in Pheonix.
Probably call it Beastbusters.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hey cool!
May be we can lead them off the trail when sending them up here..I'll fix em!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I live in the land of the Sasquatch. They're very common. They come into town on Saturday nights and hit all the local bars. Big hairy creatures, half-human, half-ape. They seem to like Molson beer.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha!!
All of those clips made me laugh so hard!! Sometimes I'm glad to be Canadian!! Sasquatch, beer and Jack Link's, does it GET any better?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Josie's right...they're EVERYWHERE!!

AND! I was recently at a play (Macbeth) held at a prison here in Victoria, and King Duncan was played by an inmate that used to play the Sasquatch in the Kokanee commercials.

Wow.

Only in Canada.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

THIS is why I'm happy to be Canadian!

Hah.

Now I must catch up on your posts.

=)

1:44 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

Oh, I'm feeling so patriotic right about now... *wipes a tear from her eye* I do love sasquatches!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Jaymie said...

So I decided to go camping and didn't shave!! No need to call me the "S" word and send out hunters after me! *sniff sniff*

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

I think if I were a Sasquatch I would move somewhere a little bit cooler.

That's just me - Ben O.

9:29 AM  
Blogger NYD said...

Hey! I just noticed that all of your blogger buddies are in alphabetical order. Did you do that on purpose or accidentally???

11:36 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

I have not given up on big foot yet. I am a believer!

Hope you have been doing okay Zambo. :)

11:58 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Zambo,

Interesting post! I am sure we have a couple of em bigfoot jobs over hear in africa too! Glad to see you popped in~!~ Take Care and see ya soon!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home