Thursday, December 28, 2006

Eddie Murphy Does James Brown on "Delirious"

This is what I think of first when I think of James Brown...

When I think of Gerald Ford, I think of how he was mocked for his stumbling and the time one of Charles Manson's followers ("Squeaky" Fromme) pointed a gun at him...

I hear it's common for people to hold out 'til after Christmas to die...Personally, I'd prefer to go before all the craziness of it...but that's just me...

My laptop chose to die on Christmas morning too...So I'll be even slower making my rounds than usual...The good news: It's still under warranty...I looked up the problem and it should be relatively routine to repair...The bad news: They're not taking any repairs until the second week of January...and if it's tampered with in any way by anyone other than them, the warranty is nullified...

I'm at work...It's kinda boring...We did month end yesterday, but there aren't many people around...The highways have been less busy and there are lots of parking spaces available...Maybe this is the most wonderful time of the year...to be at work...

Hopefully all is well wherever you are...

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

15 Comments:

Blogger Scary Monster said...

Me is sorry to hear about the demise of your computer.
Me feels a little diconnected when away from Me laptop.

So far the best tribute to the man Me has seen.
You think that maybe James brown is jammin with Billy preston? That would need a whole team of translators.

Good post Zambo.
Have a Monster new year!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Zambo, what a great tribute to James Brown. Love it...!

Josie

10:42 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I hope they dont take too long with that laptop.

I had to work this week too, for a hliday week it was long and boring.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Heh, I enjoyed Eddie's version of James Brown.

I heard about his death while we were sitting around the family Christmas table. It was a good dinner, but that was pretty sad as my dad was a big fan.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Maybe they die because they didn't get anything good. But I am with you, I'd prefer to go with spending cash on people for gifts :P

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

A great tribute to the "Godfather of Soul," Zambo.

A belated Merry Christmas and a HAppy New Year to you, pal.

8:55 PM  
Blogger S* said...

And not a single comment about Eddie's outfit?

3:54 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

happy new year :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

Zambo Me man! Thanks for dropping by. She was harsh, but she got me home safe and sound. How's yer puter???

9:41 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hello There!!!! Happy Happy New Year to you and yours!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by while I was away!!!! I am back and getting into the swing of things again, although I still have another week left before I go back to work!!!!

Take Care!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Ben O. said...

Thanks for the laugh - James was certainly a character, that's for sure.

We'll miss him.

Ben O.

10:05 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hey Dude! You have been so quiet are you still around? Anyways just thought I would pop in to say Hi as I have not been in here for quite sometime now!!!

Take Care!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

Zambo me has sent out asearh and rescue team of well trained ninja squirrels to find you, but they came back beaten and bedraggled.

Check in now and again and let everyone know how you are doin!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home