Friday, November 04, 2005

Finally Friday!

Greetings, Folks!

Tonight's a work party for a departing co-worker...She did her time and got out...We'll miss her.

I find that I’m not remembering things the way I used to…I was trying to remember someone’s name the other day and I couldn’t think of it…Then this morning as I was pulling into the parking garage at work, I saw a car like hers used to be and her name popped into my head…It’s weird how triggers work like that…I remember the Simpsons episode where there were no teachers and Milhouse was squirting ketchup on his chest while saying something to the effect of, “Not only am I not learning, but I’m forgetting the stuff I used to know”…Another time, I had some stuff at a rented storage facility and I was going to look for something…There’s a 5-digit code you have to enter on the touchpad to open the front gate…On my way there, somebody made a ridiculous driving maneuver that enraged me (I get angry when I drive and people don’t seem to care or to know what they’re doing ~ I take it in stride more now than I used to. After all, they are just a punctuation mark in the book that is my life…Unless they contribute to my demise, in which case, I guess they’d be a period)…So, I got to the front gate and the numbers in my head were all jumbled…I kept entering numbers, but in the wrong order…Like some circuitry got fried in my head…The old guy came out of the office and asked me what my name and storage space number was…I told him and he told me the code number…I wasn’t even close…I shook my head and apologized for the inconvenience…I said, “Maybe I should write that down”…I did…

It’s weird how the mind and our memories work…I often wonder about my memories…Sometimes I think that I remember the stories associated with photo albums and think that I actually remember the events taking place in the photos…“Blade Runner” touches on this a bit…I started reading the book “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” but couldn’t get into it at the time…I wonder if it's explained in more detail in the book...

Hopefully I'll post something else soon...I've got a lot of things on the go...


A friend recently said some pretty mean things about Green Day...I think he said it mostly to hurt me...He then mentioned that he's a big George Michael fan (for serious) so I don't know exactly what that means...I asked if he owned a shirt that says,"Choose Life" (those ones with the neon coloured block letters) and he said no...So I asked if he had a shirt that says, "Chews Dick"...(I spelled it out)...We laughed. As it turns out, he doesn't have one...yet....That's one of the things I'm currently working on...Sadly, I invest a lot of time on all the wrong things...


I hope that you have a terrific weekend!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly enjoy all of your postings!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Thanks, Ra!

I like yours too!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home