Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Someday a real rain will come...

...and wash all this scum off the streets.

Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver" (1976).
(It hasn't happened yet...)

“…when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for.”

Page/Plant, “Stairway to Heaven


I guess The Oprah finally had a show discussing how she was mistreated at Hermes a while ago…I missed it, but Stern was all over it today. (I did watch The Oprah on Friday…The Topic: Twins and Gender Re-Assignment…How could I not watch?…It was truly fascinating. By the way, “Oprah” is a recognized word in Microsoft Word…Pretty scary…"Schwarzenegger" is too…What the fuck is happening?) Anyway, The Oprah dragged a big cheese from Hermes onto her show so that he could publicly apologize to her on behalf of the ignorant staff at that particular Hermes location… Not to worry though…All Hermes staff has since had sensitivity training…The Oprah also used the phrase “Come Correct” to indicate that his apology was acceptable to The Oprah…her use of this “urban” phrase had the whole Stern staff shocked…Stern made a joke about how he’s never managed to “come correct” in a different context…During this segment, I was torn between laughing like a fucking mongoloid and making a Zellweger face at how sickened I was by The Oprah and it’s actions…(NOTE: “Zellweger” is not recognized by Microsoft Word…). The Oprah stated that she didn’t want to act like a diva…So she just left…then called up the U.S. president of Hermes to resolve this grave injustice... The true victim here is Tina Turner…I hope she got an equally expensive gift from The Oprah…(It was going to buy Ms. Turner a watch...) If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're probably better off...

(I refer to The Oprah as "it" because The Oprah has become more of an entity than an individual. It's outta control...).

It’s odd that this incident was referred to as "one of the most humiliating moments of her life"…I think that she was raped and/or molested in the past...I don't see how this event even comes close...She referred to this as her "Crash" moment...They tried to turn it into a race thing...Well, I just don't see it...Once I raced to the Purolator Depot to pick up my (allegedly repaired) Playstation 2 ...it was three minutes before closing time...the piggie inside saw me, but continued doing whatever she was doing...Sure I was hot...super fuckin' pissed, in fact...but what could I do? It wasn't this dumpy twat's fault...I should have arrived earlier (Not a judgement ~ Merely an observation...She was dumpy and she was acting like a twat)... Oh well...(The piece-of-shit Playstation died after about two uses anyway...so it wouldn't really have been worth it to do anything stupid...Unfortunately, this is the only forum that I have...).

I thought I was OK with it, but I guess referring to the Purolator lady as a "dumpy twat" displays a bit of residual rage...Sorry...We've all had stuff like this happen...usually the person will shrug and/or point at their watch and that's not so bad...But DT looked up at me and then totally ignored me...I think she had a Crisco Cookbook under the counter...I think I'm OK now...It should be noted that I have, on several occasions, stayed late to "help out my fellow human" in one capacity or another...

I just peeled out of the parking lot at a very high rate of speed...I was better by the time I got home...I know that Brad Pitt would have gotten his Playstation on that cold dark night...Them's the breaks, I guess...

So at the end of the Oprah/Hermes segment, I heard:
She’s so fat,” Stern said in a low, almost conspiratorial, tone…”I don’t care what anybody says”…

That really cracked me up...

Your Pal,

Zambo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home