Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Is This Thing On?

If a person writes a blog entry...and no one comments...is anyone reading it?
I guess it matters. But I suppose it shouldn't...Feedback is good from time to time...I almost miss the anonymous spam ad comments...(Not really)...

If anyone cared, they might suggest that I get one of those counter things on this rig...Nah... My checking every few minutes, (like a homely girl on a Saturday night checking that the phone is still working) would throw off the readings...

Ever notice that when someone tells you that you'll really like somebody, that you usually end up hating that person? Your friend is all, "You'll really like (name)...He reminds me of you...He's so funny...He'd give you a run for your money"...Meanwhile in your head you're all, "Yeah, right...whatever..." Then you meet the person at some function and he's pretty lame and unfunny...Then you're thinking, is this how my friend sees me? So then you have to fight your friend and new guy tries to step in...you fake punch him in the gut and when he bends forward you drive the knee into his face, then give him a smiley on the curb...Your friend tells you that you're an awesome ass-kicker and that you're way funnier than twitchy on the ground...You're friends again and you go to the 24-hour all-you-can-eat pancake house and shoot the shit 'til morning...

Hey...have you also noticed how some people have always have a connection who could get you something cheaper...after you've purchased something? It's like when we first got our house and we got the satellite stuff all hooked up...it seemed like everybody who visited us "knew a guy" who could get us a cheater card thing...(But it's wrong to steal satellite signals, kids...).
Then, whenever we buy something for the house, people will ask, "How much did you pay for that?" In my head I'm saying "Who the fuck are you again?" But you gotta keep it civilized and so you tell the guy...Then he suddenly "knows a guy" who could have gotten it cheaper..."Why didn't you ask me...I could have gotten it cheaper?"...I didn't realize I was supposed to consult with this guy every time I went to the store...So now I have him on speed-dial...As it turns out, his connections can't really help me out until after I've made a purchase...

Whenever I think that one person can make a difference, all I have to do is use a public rest room. What the fuck is wrong with some people? Surely if you don't know how to piss into a toilet, you shouldn't be employable...or somebody's parent...Maybe some guys try to get their exercise in while they urinate and do jumping-jacks as they relieve themselves...Maybe they're marking their territory, like Jack Nicholson in "Wolf
"...I don't know...

So this guy named Charlie Rocket killed himself the other day. Never heard of him? Well that's probably why he slit his own throat in a field...Poor bastard...I feel kinda bad for him. I've seen him in movies, but never knew him by name...We can learn from this, I suppose. He had a moment in the spolight but it has eluded him ever since...We can change our destinies...He's worm meat...If you're religious, then you might believe he's in hell...If you're into Sartre, then you might believe that "Hell is other people"...in which case you might take your own life in a field...It's sort of a cyclical...

I've been thinking about my own mortality lately...I think I'm at the age, where everything from this point forward is gravy...I could go at any time, without warning...It's like when you hear about a guy dropping dead shovelling the snow in his driveway...Sometimes I wonder if the next sneeze will do me in...It takes me longer to rest than it does to get tired...When I first hear that line, it made me laugh...now it's the awful truth...Whenever someone would complain about back pain, I would think that this person was weak ~ a pussy, if you will...But let me tell you...when you get it, there's not much you can do and it hurts like you wouldn't believe...And it usually strikes from something that you wouldn't normally associate with a back injury: like putting a book on a shelf, or sleeping, or sitting, then standing up, or putting your shoes on...(I guess proper exercise and diet play a factor...) All I can say is thanks to the fine folks at Robax for their over-the-couter wonder drug. Anyway, I don't think I'd ever take my own life, but if I did, I'd do it in style...(especially if my stage name was "Rocket")...I think I'd pack a vehicle with explosives and drive it full speed off a deserted cliff, into the sun...then detonate...There should be enough explosive force to not leave any trace of me behind, but not enough to disrupt the ecosystem...(I don't know if it's possible...)...Or maybe you strap yourself with C4 and jump out of a plane over the ocean...This is only if you absolutely must end it, of course...Stay in school and don't do drugs, etc....Don't kill yourself...and I won't either...

Anyway, I've been trying to be more positive lately...but it didn't take...I'm sure that everything will work out...or it won't...one thing's for sure: I gotta go now...

Your Pal,

Zambo.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm reading it:)
Just found your blog.Love the Marx quote.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

You quoted Richard Marx? Where? I love his shit.

Yeah, don't worry; we're reading it. It's just that sometimes we have nothing useful to say and we feel like douches writing stuff like, "Nice one!" and that's it.

Yeah, poor Charlie Rocket. I think he might've had more success had he lost that "Rocket" thing; it makes him sound like a jerk when maybe he was actually a nice guy. Like you said: time in the spotlight will mess with your head. We have that saying, "Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." But probably it's not true for being famous. I think it's better to spend your whole life as a nobody than to be famous briefly and then fade back into obscurity.

Interesting that Charlie Rocket was friends with Chris Frantz, drummer for Talking Heads. Why, I'm not sure, but interesting nonetheless.

Back pain - it's a bitch. To be completely honest, I did think about suicide when I was immobile due to back pain; not like, "Christ, I've gotta end it!" but more like, "Man, if I had to spend the rest of my life like this..." and you start thinking how great it would be if you could just make your back stop hurting enough that you could maybe fall asleep...

No monkeys this time?

I wish you or Beatdogg would get a TiVo and then hook it up to your computer and then you could burn me television on DVDs and send them to me... but it's just because I'm a selfish prick that way... TV in Japan sucks... but funny enough, I think it would suck more if I could actually understand the inane comments that the vapid 18-year-old fashion models are making...

Had another earthquake here... 2 in 5 days. Surely the end is nigh. Here's a brain teaser: would you rather be trapped under rubble, forced to drink your own urine for 6 days until you were eventually rescued, but then you had to lose both legs -OR- would you rather be crushed to death outright? You know... life's a treasure and everything but crap...

12:36 AM  
Blogger BeatDogg said...

Yo bitchez

Don't despair, Zam-cakes, if we're not leaving comments it doesn't mean we're not reading. Usually it just means I can't think of anything witty enough to write, or I'm just too goddamn lazy to push the keys. I'm not sure what is driving this particular comment, since I feel neither witty nor particularly ambitious at the moment.

I did want to comment on last night's episode of TUF2: in a word, HOLY FUCKIN FUCK! Luke is a killing machine. He's this skinny gimp with a monobrow, over-sized Skeletor nostrils and bad glasses, but he's like an enraged chimp when he gets in the octagon. Sammy impressed the piss out of me too - he had Luke in trouble a couple of times and he was smart enough to change his gameplan on the fly when he couldn't win on the ground. But that final knee to the face would have knocked Superman on his ass - Sammy was out like a roofied co-ed. I felt pretty bad for him when he came to and started crying. It reminded me a lot of when Hector lost to Achilles in "Troy". He was good, but he was up against a psycho. I think Joe is going to hand Jason a sandwich made from his own asshole when they fight, which would leave Joe and Luke to go at it in the final - that will kick tons of ass. Looks like maybe Keith gets a little more than he bargained for from Rashad next week too - hopefully Keith isn't another Mike Whitehead. My only question is, why the hell would they bring back Marcus, "The Irish Hand Grenade"? He's about as Irish as Chef Boyardee is Italian. And his hand grenades are more like balloons full of piss. I love the way they give everything away in the previews too - we already know Rashad and Keith fight, so Marcus is wasting his time. And last night they showed Sammy get rocked by one of Luke's punches in a preview, so we knew they were fighting too. Lame. I think Seth is gonna kick Brad's dick off too.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know -- I'm having the same issues -- sigh.

11:15 AM  
Blogger BeatDogg said...

Hahahahahahaha!!! I don't know why, but ra's comment is killing me. It shouldn't be, because it's obviously just some glitch somewhere, but I'm dying here... too funny...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hi.

Thanks for the comments, folks...
It's not all for nothing!

"Hold on to the night" Gobbles...When in doubt, always choose death outright...like choosing "C" for multiple choice...

Beatdogg, that was some amazing UFC action last night...Luke is this season's Diego...Sam seemed like he was in control for much of the fight...Impressive...Most impressive...Luke...
Anyway, that "Irish Hand Grenade" Marcus guy is in as a sub for Jason, should the doc deem it necessary...(he's not a heavyweight...So Rashad and Keith will fight regardless). Hopefully Jason gets to fight too...Joe will destroy him, I think...But if Marcus has to step in, hopefully Joe will make him cry like a little girl...

It's pretty cool watching these highly motivated athletes do what they do...while eating 2-bite brownies and drinking Coke at 11pm on a Monday...Sometimes too lazy to get up to go to the bathroom during commercials...

Ra,

Don't mind Beatdogg's subsequent comment...I think you were probably posting your comments at the same time and he may have thought that you were replying to his comment...plus, I suspect that he's on the pot...

Ms.l,

How's the weather out west?
We're getting the cold and rainy phase out of the way here...

(Please disregard a comment I had made about home-schooling a few messages ago...it was more of an inside joke pertaining to a witless individual ~ who just happened to be home-schooled ~ than a commentary on home-scholing in general...I hope that you're not upset by that comment, if you've gone back to prior postings...I didn't think anybody was reading this stuff...).

That's it for now.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mercy. On the pot huh (smile)? I was just refering to the fact that some us us bloggers have some really great things to put out there, but the trick is just getting someone to read them -- sigh. I'm enjoying your "musings". Keep it up!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Thanks, Ra.

I liked your latest posting. (I haven't had a chance to go back to your earlier stuff, but I plan to if/when I have more time...).

It's a shame that our vices often leave us spent...I was just thinking about all this stuff that I would like to do and realized that I'll probably never get around to doing half of it...There's a mental checklist and some items have been crossed off for good...

(Poor Beatdogg hasn't posted in months and he's got a lot to say too...)

Talk to you soon.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hee,I didn't see your comment on homeschoolers...now you just know I'm going to go peek;p
I'll let you know what I think then,lol.
Besides,how can I be offended,with my own site named as it is??I know what the general public thinks about*us*and rarely get pissed:)

The weather is so unpredictable here.
I'm in the Cariboo,and apparentlythe weather is usually wonky.
+16 last night and then below zero til 2pm today before it finally went up to +5,It changed within 30 min!
Not too much rain,nothing like on the coast,where it pours buckets for weeks,ugh.I don't miss that!
It's pretty dry here....

7:03 PM  
Blogger S* said...

I just found your blog. Ra once commented on my blog and I just checked out her's and you'd commented and I was intrigued by the monkey pic...then the fact that you like the old Planet of the Apes...then the yellowbelly simian sneakers...I was thoroughly intrigued by the monkey-ness of your blog. I want a Brussels Griffon (also called the monkey face dog) and I want to name him Simian.

What's up with the monkey fixation?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home