Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"I'm too old for this shit!"

Remember when Murtaugh said that in "Lethal Weapon"?
I'm starting to understand where he was coming from...He was in way better shape than I am... He was really 41 at the time – playing a guy about to retire...I should focus on the positive though...At least I can catch a cab when I need to, I guess...Poor Danny Glover...

So I stayed up late watching Ultimate Fighter stuff last night. Needless to say, today was not as much fun as usual. In my glory days, I used to pull all-nighters and then go out drinking, etc.
Now, I grow weaker with each passing moment...The UFC action was on Spike TV. There were some live matches from 9-11 pm...I'm not gonna give you a play-by-play, but David "The Crow" Loiseau was awesome again! He's got devastating elbows and quick feet...Evan Tanner's face got rocked hard...again...

Loiseau winning (a different fight)

Evan Tanner (with corn rows for some reason) getting his face turned into a deli tray by Rich Franklin...

He didn't look much better last night...

So then the Ulimate Fighter show was on from 11-12...A big dude named Seth fought a 6'8" behemoth named Dan...Seth won, but it wasn't a real crowd-pleasing victory...I think Dan had a case of "big-guy-itis", thinking that being a giant would get him through...Dan was wrong...

Then I watched "Prison Break" from 12-1...Pretty stupid, huh? I guess I figured that people who watch it might tell me what happened...It's a pretty good show, but I don't know where they're gonna take it once they break out...It's entertaining...

You know how some people have these clever taglines on the signature of their e-mail messages to illustrate how clever or well-read they believe themselves to be? Often they will add a middle initial and/or a designation after their name to further emphasize their importance or to distract from their inadequacies...I don't mind it that much, and sometimes the quotes are cool...But it bothers me when they can't spell, form a complete sentence or convey what they want clearly...

This would be a good one:

"Sometimes I feel like I'm a match and I want nothing more than to be struck so I can burn like a motherfucker."
Henry Rollins

Anyway, I'm going home now.

Your Pal,



"You are not your job. You are not how much you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your khakis. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake...The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Fight Club represents that kind of freedom."
Fight Club
(The only club I'd ever consider joining...if I wasn't so scared of everything).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home