Monday, August 29, 2005

Don't Phunk with My Heart

Hi "all y'all".

When I visited Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia, I thought about retiring there one day...so nice, so peaceful...But I was on vacation. I put the work aside and focused on the now, for once...I didn't think of the harsh winters...or any of the negative...but now I'm back "home". When I have any time to myself, I spend it in my living room or in the pool...Most days, I wish I didn't have to have any contact with others or have to be surrounded by the shit that we've been conditioned to think we need...but that's just the way it is...(not a cop out...just a fact)...The movie "Singles" described how we're at a point where one does not even have to leave the house...and things are even more "advanced" now...in some ways...(I just watched the MTV Video Music Awards...I'm not so sure things are advancing in the right direction...I only watched to see Green Day dominate...and they did...Also, fuck Orlando Bloom and the other felchers in attendance...truly sickening...Poor rich Kelly Clarkson...It's sad to see how she's been repackaged to further the cause of mass-produced non-conformity)...

Anyway, when you're working, you don't really notice how crowded it is or how superficial things seem...Sure, you'll notice, but you'll just get on with your day...maybe write a blog about it...But when your focus is elsewhere, you can also neglect to notice the good stuff...Like living near Niagara Falls and only thinking of how jammed traffic's gonna be 'cause of the witless tourists/obstacles...not that the Falls are amazing and right there!!!

There's a fine line between living with the necessary evils and being another Ted Kaczynski...
Gobbles mentions "...miles of identical, nauseating strip malls, gas station/convenience stores, fast food dives, multiplexes, big box stores..." being sickening...but they are like the police in a way...a lot of times we think we don't "need" them, but we really do...There's a part of us that resents their existence...but when we "need" them, we need to know that they're there for us...(I use the word "need" here...but it's more of a conditioned "want", I guess)...When you're on "E", and so is your car, you want there to be a gas station at the next exit...When your iPod mini requires the "GriffiniTrip mini", so that you can listen to your iPod in the car, you want "Best Buy" to be around the corner... I encountered both situations today, in fact...My car "needed" gas...And I think that the FM transmitter is an investment for my peace of mind...(I will be less apt to contemplate employing the Pitt maneuver, or wondering if I should follow some asshole to wherever he's going - to beat him unmercifully in front of his family - for failing to signal as he drove with no regard for human life on my commute to/from work...) .

I have lost track of where I was going with all this, but I think I've made some sort of point...Not feeling too coherent right now...busy weekend...work soon...

It was my mom's birthday today, so I visited the folks...They're doing OK...my dad liked the iPod mini...he enjoys the new technology...I wonder where things will be when I'm his age...Perhaps I'll have a robot to help me change his diapers...or perhaps a helper monkey...with robotic appendages?...So tired...

So let's review:

Green Day, good (despite excessive use of eye make-up)...most other douche sacks at the MTV "non-event", no good.
Modern conveniences and over-crowding, a necessary evil...
Getting up in like 6 hours, sucks a bowl of shit...

Good night Hillary Duff and Joel Madden, wherever you are...
Good night, Diddy...Sleep well...
Good night, all...y'all.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home