Thursday, August 11, 2005

Don't Try

Dear Reader,

I hope that everything is OK wherever you may be.

Below is a picture of Charles Bukowski's gravestone:


Like the skunk, he has left us on a bit of a sour note...(depending on how one interprets his message)...Whenever I drive by a fallen skunk, I usually take in a deep breath through my nose...The little fella's last act was to leave his scent. The least we can do is take it in. That's his ephemeral legacy, I guess...

It would appear that Bukowski's last act (or request) was to leave us guessing...maybe..."DON'T TRY"...too hard?... "DON'T TRY"...to understand?..."DON'T TRY"...Just be?...or maybe it simply means, "DON'T TRY".

Our pal Homer Simpson has told us that, "Trying is the first step towards failure"...

So if you can get away with it, DON'T TRY.

Your Pal,

Zambo

P.S. This link is for my buddy, Chico.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know when you see those kids who are like 7, and they have a black belt. I think they should have to spar against that kung-fu chimp. I bet they'd get their little asses kicked. Maybe their nuts and faces ripped off too, but it's a dangerous sport.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home